Booking engine update April 2010
About a week after Easter, you will see several updates to the Hurtigruten booking engines.
Our goal is to build the best cruise booking engines in the world. We have a long way to go, but we’re moving in the right direction.
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect:
- Book online close to departure. A very high percentage of Hurtigruten bookings are made by phone directly to the ships due to the fact that online booking previously closed 3-6 days prior to departure. In the next release of the booking engine we have created a work-around that makes it possible for port-to-port customers to book and pay for voyages in the booking engine closer to departure. This will improve our online booking engines and improve the overall customer experience. In addition, it will reduce the workload for the great people on board.
- Improved meal handling. Previously the port-to-port passengers had to select desired number of meals. The new version automatically calculates number of meals for each passenger based on where the passenger embarks/debarks the ship. They can either choose “Breakfast only”, “Half board” or “Full board”. This makes it easier for the passengers to add meals when they book their trip.
- Better campaign handling. The search box has been improved. It works quicker and available campaigns will be presented in a much more user friendly way. Previously the search box included functionality that retrieved available campaigns from the system.
- Remove add-ons. In the solution, it will become easier to remove add-ons while the customer is in the booking process. In the future we will offer full flexibility when it comes to changing a booking also after it has been booked.
- Cancel bookings for agents. In the agent solution, it will also be possible to cancel bookings based on existing terms&conditions
- Simple map-functionality. Many of our customers do not know all our ports. A map will make it easier to select to/from ports. In later versions, we will develop better map functionality.
- Quickfixes & bug fixes. In addition to the functionality mentioned above, we have fixed minor errors and made some incremental improvements throughout the booking process.
After the new version has been released, we will continue working on improvements.
Please take a look at the booking engines and let us know what you think.