Booking engine update June 2010
Every month we try to introduce improvements and new features in our booking engines that will make it easier for customers and partners to do business with us.
Last week we released a new version.
Here’s a quick summary of the changes.
During the last few weeks, we’ve focused on making improvements to the graphical user interface(GUI). Examples of these type of improvements are:
- Change texts to make it easier to understand what to do in the booking process
- Remove uneccessary steps/questions in the booking process to make it quicker to book
- Include more details in the “My voyage” section to give customers a clear overview of selected items
- On the payment pages, we now display a Thawte security icon (the solution has alway been secure, but now customers can see the safety symbol)
You can see a summary of these changes in this powerpoint document (please note that these are draft notes and not official documents)
In addition to the GUI improvements, we have introduced some new functionality.
- In our B2C solution it is now possible to book cars close to departure on certain selections.
- In our B2B solution, we now present more accurate availability information for port-to-port travel
- In both solutions, we now send out more accurate status information about bookings
- In both solutions, we now recommend users to upgrade to newer internet browser if they are using Internet Explorer 6. (Read more about this.)
- In both solutions, customers can now book 2 or more cars
We have also made several technical changes in preparation for a change in system architecture in regards to campaign handling. During the next few months we will also implement load balancing and improved caching to make the booking engines quicker.