Booking engine update December 2010
We have been working hard on improving the Hurtigruten booking solutions. In the middle of December 2010, we will release a new version that makes it quicker, better and easier for customers and partners to make travel plans with Hurtigruten.
Here’s a short summary of the improvements in the B2B solution (for travel agencies):
- Accurate prices earlier – Agents can select passenger types in the first screen to get accurate prices quicker.
- Group bookings beta – For group bookings, agents can now use the Groups Booking request form, which is sent directly to our groups department.
- Amend booking beta – To make it easier for agents to modify bookings, we have introduced an Amend Booking form.
- Support for campaign promotions such as early bird and cabin upgrades.
- Support for market-specific and personal promotions such as military, honour and student promotions for Nordic market.
- Support for closed promo codes – A “Promotion Code” field has been added and all promotions codes entered will update the price automatically.
- Agent registration – Agents can now register to sign up to our agent solution.
- Help functionality – Question marks (?) have been added to various sections of the booking solution, which provide detailed explanations of what is required to help ease the process.
Here’s a short summary of the improvements in the B2C solution (for web customers):
- Quick links to calendar availability when selecting cabins gives agents the chance to browse alternative dates quicker.
- Improved campaign handling – you no longer have to choose a promotion to see departure times and prices.
- Cross browser compatibility – Agents can now login using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Explorer products are now bookable online on Hurtigruten websites. Previously you would have to call us to book. Now it’s possible to book these special offers in our online booking solution.
- Maps – To make it easier for planning your booking, we have introduced an interactive map so it’s easier to plan the exact route of your trip.