Booking engine update April 2012
During the winter of 2011/12, the focus for Hurtigruten was to improve the back-end reservation systems. This meant front end development was limited and our last improvement announcement was in October 2011. However, now that the back-end systems are launched and it is possible to book 2013 online, a new release for our online booking engine will go live tomorrow (18.04.2012). The focus for tomorrows release is increased functionality for the 2013 season and improved usability to make it easy to buy.
Fixes set for today’s release (B2X version 3.1) are as follows;
- Options for Cabin selection
- Booking of Excursions for 2013
- User-friendly error messages
- Retrieve/ Find booking in B2B
- Missing text translations for France and Germany
- Usability/ navigational improvements in B2C
- Bug fixes since the launch of the new back-end system (55 fixes!)
- Launch of 2013 sailings in Germany for booking online
The next release is scheduled for early May and during the next three months, Hurtigruten will adopt a more aggressive roll out plan as we look to catch up on lost time due to the back-end development. New features in the pipeline consist of explorer tours, ability to update fixed reservations and the booking of arrival/ departure packages online.
Is there anything we missed in the latest release that would improve your booking experience? Share your suggestions in the comments below