New website launch for www.hurtigruten.com
In 2011, Hurtigruten ran a full scale usability test with Spotless Interactive in the UK, Germany and Norway. The findings were presented in April 2011 and during the past 12 months we have been working hard on implementing the web improvements. On Thursday, 18th June the new design went live in Norway and today we will launch the first of our English websites with www.hurtigruten.com. The focus for the new website is to deliver a greater user experience.
Here is an overview of the improvements:
- New front page design with map, video and links to the most popular web pages
- Improved booking box on the front page and all voyage pages
- Tabbed navigation menu for products, schedules and experiences
- Brochure and Newsletter sign-up on the front page
- New sections with Seasons and Experiences
- Richer content for Norwegian and Explorer voyages
One of the biggest changes made to the Hurtigruten web is that all Hurtigruten websites will now have the same layout and structure. Websites in Germany, France and the UK will be launched during the summer.
The new design is part of a three-phase improvement package based on the usability test results. The next release is scheduled for the fall with focus on presenting richer product content.
A more detailed blog post on the process of changing the URL structure, redirecting old content to new content and of the website launch and impact on traffic will follow shortly.
What do you think of the new website? Feel free to submit feedback and suggestions in the comments box below.