Booking engine update July 2012
On Wednesday, 4th July Hurtigruten released a new version of our agency booking solution (B2B) and consumer booking solution (B2C). The focus for the release is to improve the booking engines to match the new web design and usability and the launch of arrival and departure packages.
Fixes set for the release (B2X version 3.4) include:
- Launch of arrival/ departure packages for 2013 sailings
- Google Analytics E-commerce tracking for www.hurtigruten.com
- Advanced functionality to search by ship, ship type and length of voyage
- Deckspace capacity display (Hubro) on web for last minute bookings
- Booking box enhancements (new web design) to include tours
- 46 bug fixes including 2013 tours, navigation and pricing
The first booking engine release of the year went live in March 2012. Since then we have had an aggressive roll out plan and implemented the following functionality:
- Norway and Explorer 2013 sailings
- Improved booking box on front page
- Arrival/ Departure packages 2013
- Google Analytics E-Commerce tracking
- New booking engine design
- 1893 Ambassador discount
- Shore excursions 2013
We now enter a development freeze due to the summer vacation period. When development resumes in late August, we will continue our focus in getting all products for sale online with port-to-port return trips, meal and upgrade handling and the option to add/ modify excursions to existing bookings.
What do you think of the new improvements that have been made? Post your comments below.